Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have been so lax, thinking I would get pages done especially for this blog. I guess that isn't going to happen, as life keeps getting in the way. For now I will start uploading some heritage pages I have done. The first ones will be on my Dad's family.

This one, "Saskatchewan Winters", was done for a flashback challenge. The journaling is as follows:

When my Dad was growing up on the prairies of Saskatchewan, the winters were bitter cold and lots of snow. The roads were not plowed, so to get around they used horse drawn covered sleighs. When the weather was terrible they used the oxen. There was a window out front and a place for the reins to come through and a seat for the driver. There were benches along either side and a small woodstove in it for heat. They used these as late as the 1950’s. I can remember the one in the bottom photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment